Wednesday, April 20, 2011

bahh..

so a friend from PHE just came less than 2 mins from the canadian woman's record (1:12) in non perfect conditions (cold, -3 , wet, rain/snow & strong wind), with a goal of beating that in her next half marathon a few weeks from now.

):

feeling slightly discouraged to run, because I know I will never run at those speeds.
also the weather is cold, wet and windy...

blah!


BUT on a brighter note.

I have narrowed it down to two charities.

1) the cancer society
or
2) urban promise.

How'd I do it?

Basically I left it to chance - I reasoned that which ever organization I ran for would be great, and that I truly believed in all of them, so it wouldn't matter what the result was. Since charities are offered discount codes, to promote fundraising for their organizaition, I figured it would be win-win if I e-mailed the listed contact to see if I could get "hooked up". I decided that whoever got back to me quickest would be the one I would run for. HOWEVER, I didn't predict what would occur.

Technically, the canadian cancer society was the first to reply the e-mail. However, it was an "out of office reply", so I don't know if it counts as "getting back to me". But UP e-mailed second, with their code, and what not, which makes them the first to reply back with what I wanted...

So in short, I am going to wait until Friday to give the canadian cancer society an opportunity to send me a code, but if not. i'll be running for UP .. haha (:


Yayy (: now feeling the motivation to run again! weehee! let's hope it warms up soon so I can get my training on!

No comments: