I am a living example of reverse psychology. I was told not to blog during my practicum, because it makes you more "vulnerable" in terms of search-ability, but I don't have anything to hide, and I want to.. so i'm doing it!
Oh well. Can all you psych majors and minors explain this phenomenon to me?
The following video is a song that Chris Medina wrote for his fiancee that a friend sent me. I don't follow American Idol, but he was one of the contenders on the show last season. Although he didn't win, I think his story tugged at the heartstrings of many.
The story is, Shortly after Chris proposed to his long time girlfriend Juliana, they set their wedding date. However, a two months before the wedding, Juliana was in a car accident and suffered a traumatic brain injury. Although the doctors said that Juliana would probably not make it out of the coma she was in, her family and Chris had hope and believed that she would. This time was obviously extremely tough for Chris, but being weeks away from making vows, where he'd promise to stand by her side through sickness and in health, gave him the courage and strength to write this song as a reminder to stick by her even when times get tough. She did wake up a while after, and even though they are still not married, I think his dedication to her, and his actions speak so loudly (:
Anyway, here's the song! Enjoy!
Monday, October 10, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment