I can't believe it has only been 8 weeks since I returned home from my trip across the world.
On top of that, it is unbelievable how much my life has changed in the past 4 months alone.
Four months ago, I was comfortable.
I had a small group that I was attending weekly, I had a job, I had my sports, and I had basically anything else a 22/23 year old would want/need. But life was getting too comfortable. Day in and Day out, my life was the same. I went to work, came home, ate dinner, went out, and repeated that. I wasn't sure what I wanted, but I knew that there were bigger and better things that God wanted me to do with my life. So I prayed that I would not be complacent in my life, that God would let me experience true LIFE, and that if God gave me the wisdom to discern His will for my life, that I would obediently follow. Little did I know that God was going to call me to quit my job, then bless me with a month to travel and enjoy life, before putting me back into school!
In less than a weeks time, I went from working as a Rehab Kin in a clinic in Yorkville, to being a tourist in Chicago, to being a proud owner of tickets to Hong Kong, and Japan without having any plans. God was speaking His Love and provisions to me louder than ever.
Although this time was spiritually and emotionally toiling, I had faith in his Love that God would see me through it all.
It was really hard to pick up and leave my own practice that I had built from nothing without any logical explanation. I struggled to rationalize to myself why I would do anything like this, and why I would leave such a safe environment without knowing what was next. But God provided me a trip to Chicago to "figure things out".
While I was in Chicago, I wrestled with allowing myself to travel and be free from obligations when I wasn't sure where I would be upon my return. How could I not have a plan? After all, I can't just sit at home all day! But God Provided me with a trip to Hong Kong and Japan, where I would get to purposefully visit family and explore the world.
When I was across the world, in a living room of people that I could hardly communicate with, God revealed to me that he wanted me to go to teacher's college in September. I was worried about registering for classes and finding a place to live. But God Provided me with a school to attend and probably some of the nicest roommates I could ask for.
And now as I am preparing to return to school and finishing my first placement block at one of the closest schools to my house, and with one of the best associate teachers I could ask for. All I know is God Provided and that he will CONTINUE to provide for me (and you) in my (your) life (:
But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me. For the sake of Christ, then, I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities. For when I am weak, then I am strong.
(2 Corinthians 12:9-10 ESV)
Tuesday, October 25, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment