I was carrying two fairly heavy bags home today, so i decided that it would be a good idea to sit down on the subway because my back was starting to hurt.
The subway car filled up quickly, but as I sat down, I saw an old man walk into my car.
No one offered him a seat close to the door, so I stood up to offer him mine, ensuring that he made it to the seat without falling.
Although, he didn't speak english, I could tell he was appreciative by the way he nodded and smiled at me.
I smiled back and pulled out an article that I had to read.
Shortly after I started reading, he tapped my hand and gestured to me.
At first I wasn't sure of what he was saying, but I quickly figured that he was offering to hold my bags on his lap for the duration of the trip.
I obviously didn't take him up on his offer.
BUT.. i thought it was cute for him to even offer
and i figured that by sharing, i would be a nice reminder for us all.
It's so rare that we encounter kind hearted people nowadays.
Everyone is so consumed with their lives, rushing from one place to another.
We forget...
to stop thinking about ourselves,
and consider others for a moment.
To stop worrying about the future,
and to appreciate today.
To stop,
and just breathe...
Friday, October 15, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWww!!! =)
Post a Comment