Sunday, September 26, 2010

I love opera (:

Ever since high school music, I have immersed myself in various types of music. This includes all the weird genres of music that the average folk avoids - like opera. It's the perfect combination of voice and symphony, never failing to paint a detailed portrait of colour and expression once it is carefully deciphered.

Anyway, to make a long blog short, while I was looking for new songs for an overdue study playlist, I rediscovered the virtuosic mezzo-soprano voice of cecilia bartoli!

S2

And of course for your viewing pleasure, i've included Mozart's Die Zauberflöte (the magic flute) - Arie: Der Hölle Rache Kocht sung by the one an only Bartoli.

(FYI: I couldn't find a video of her singing this song, but It works out for the better - just close your eyes and listen!)



Amazing right?
(haha. i know that not everyone's views of opera will change just because i've blogged about it, but I hope you can have a greater appreciation for the opera singers ability to control and use their voice in such awesome ways!)

No comments: