Wow.. its been so long since I last blogged.
But I return with the list of 100 foods that you must try before you die.
I'm sure you've seen this list pop up on your facebook or whatever, however, just thought i'd do it here... for difference sake...
Anyway, I think being asian and all, I think I have tried a lot of the foods on the list...
What's YOUR number out of 100?
1. Abalone2. Absinthe (Isn't absinthe banned in most countries?)
3. Alligator
4. Baba Ghanoush5. Bagel & Lox6. Baklava7. BBQ Ribs8. Bellini9. Birds Nest Soup10. Biscuits & Gravy11. Black Pudding12. Black Truffle
13. Borscht14. Calamari15. Carp16. Caviar17. Cheese Fondue18. Chicken & Waffles (allergic!)
19. Chicken Tikka Masala (boo.. i should make my total out of 98... )
20. Chile Relleno
21. Chitlins disgustingly enough, I have... but it was at the black hoof.. so it was actually good, and i didn't find out what it was until after i ate it!
22. Churros23. Clam Chowder 24. Cognac 25. Crab Cakes 26. Crickets - have had the opportunity to.. but too gross *bleh*
27. Currywurst (boo.. make that 97!)
28. Dandelion Wine - hmm. maybe i should try making it.. it would be a win-win situation!
29. Dulce De Leche30. Durian31. Eel32. Eggs Benedict33. Fish Tacos34. Foie Gras - this was before I knew about how unethical the process of "making" foie gras was...
35. Fresh Spring Rolls36. Fried Catfish37. Fried Green Tomatoes - 96!!!
38. Fried Plantain39. Frito Pie - I'm going to say I have had this, although it was the non-chili version due to my allergies!
40. Frogs' Legs not going to lie, i actually loved this as a child...
41. Fugu - should have tried this while i was in japan ):
42. Funnel Cake 43. Gazpacho - yet another allergy - 95!
44. Goat45. Goat's Milk46. Goulash - I'm just going to start a count down.. -94
47. Gumbo - every time you see a number, you can assume that I am allergic to something in it! -93
48. Haggis - wouldn't mind trying this...
49. Head Cheese weirdest "cold cut" i've ever had...
50. Heirloom Tomatoes51. Honeycomb52. Hostess Fruit Pie yay for having american friends in university!
53. Huevos Rancheros- no worries, had the non-tomato edition!
54. Jerk Chicken - surprisingly I have, before I found out I was allergic to Chicken!
55. Kangaroo - will definitely try, as per my mothers recommendation when i visit Australia
56. Key Lime Pie57. Kobe Beef - wanted to try this, but have been too poor to..
58. Lassi love lassi!
59. Lobster60. Mimosa 61. Moon Pie
62. Morel Mushrooms
63. Nettle Tea i don't even remember if the tea was good or not.. i just remember numbing of my mouth!
64. Octopus65. Oxtail Soup66. Paella - does it count if I made it myself? because i'm counting it!
67. Paneer 68. Pastrami on Rye69. Pavlova70. Phaal - oo.. i need to try this!
71. Philly Cheese Steak72. Pho73. Pineapple & Cottage Cheese - this sort of sounds gross, but I might just give it a shot...
74. Pistachio Ice Cream75. Po' Boy YES for deep fried seafood on a bun!
76. Pocky - childhood fav!
77. Polenta I think the texture is sort of gross.. reminds me of the broken bread meal - which reminds me how thankful I am for being able to try all these wonderful & not so wonderful foods (:
78. Prickly Pear - I didn't realize how prickly these things were until I sat there picking thorns out of my hand for like an hour!
79. Rabbit Stew - surprisingly, I don't think I have!
80. Raw Oysters81. Root Beer Float82. S'mores83. Sauerkraut84. Sea Urchin85. Shark86. Snail87. Snake 88. Soft Shell Crab89. Som Tam - hmm.. i should try this if I ever get a chance..
90. Spaetzle one of my german roommates used to bring cheese Spaetzle back to school every so often! It was like glorified mac and cheese, but the noodles were made from egg, giving them an extra layer of awesomeness!
91. Spam i honestly hate this stuff.. it creeps me out.
92. Squirrel - eww. it's like eating a rat!
93. Steak Tartare YES for raw meat!
94. Sweet Potato Fries all time FAVS!
95. Sweetbreads The first time I tried this (in university) I actually thought it was some kind of meaty bread... THEN someone told me it was glands and brain.. or something like that.. it made me feel a little sick.. but at least I can say I tried it!
96. Tom Yum 97. Umeboshi I personally don't like these very much..
98. Venison One time my dad brought it home because his colleague hunted it.. ): Poor Bambi!
99. Wasabi Peas 100. Zucchini Flowershmm.. 78 of 100..
or rather 78 out of 93! Not bad!
What are YOUR numbers?
No comments:
Post a Comment